9. Go to a kind of event you've never been to before. The chances of absolutely nothing going on on your campus at any given point in time are pretty slim. The problem might be, however, that the things that are going on just aren't particularly appealing to you. Challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone a bit and attend an event that you've never gone to before.
10. Go to a cultural event off campus. Can't find anything to do on campus? Check out some local entertainment listings that are happening off campus. A poetry slam, art fair, music festival, or other event can be just what you need to turn boring into memorable.
11. Go to a museum off campus. You're in college because you enjoy learning new things and living an intellectual life. So take that smarty-pants brain of yours and go learn something new at a museum exhibit in town. Viewing something new and exciting from a certain time period, artist, photographer, sculptor, or anything else can be a great learning experience that, if you're lucky, you can even use for bonus points in an upcoming class assignment.
12. Call and catch up with a high school friend. Things can get so busy in college that it can be difficult to keep in touch with your high school or hometown friends. When's the last time you had a nice, chit-chatty phone call with a friend you knew before you left for school? If you have some free time and are a little bored, use the break to your advantage and catch up with an old friend.
13. Hang out in the campus coffee shop. The campus coffee shop offers way more than just your favorite kind of coffee. It can be a good place to get some work done, surf the Internet, people watch, or otherwise just hang out. And if you're bored, it can be a great place to get a change of scenery without costing too much money.
14. Grab some friends and head to a movie off campus. If you use your student discount, you can catch a new movie, have some social time, get off campus, and mentally check out from the stress of college life for a few hours -- all at a discounted price. And what's not to like about that?
15. Grab some friends and watch a movie online. If the weather is really bad but you just need something to do, grab some friends and stream a movie in someone's room. Even if it's a horrible movie, you'll have a fun time laughing.
16. Do something creative. For students lucky enough to have a creative streak, the times to relax and make something just for fun usually come few and far between. Turn a boring afternoon into one of the rare times you can let your creativity flow without having to worry about whether or not you're meeting the requirements of your latest assignment.
17. Crank up the music and organize your life. Does it sound lame? Admittedly, it kinda does. But having a free (read: boring) afternoon can be a great time to do all the things you don't want to do but actually need to get done. Get your laundry done, clean up your room, organize your paperwork, make sure your calendar/time management system is up to date, and generally get your to-do list done. It might be boring while you're doing it, but cranking up the music (or watching a movie) can help make things go faster -- and the way you'll feel when everything is all done will be well worth it.