Gift-giving as a college student can be complicated. Of course you'd love to be able to treat all of your friends and family to big, beautiful gifts ... but your budget and time restrictions often prevent doing so. What options are there, then, for college students who want to give great gifts without seeming cheap or lazy?
Gift Guides Based on Recipients
- 10 Great Gifts for Your College Boyfriend or Girlfriend. No matter the time of year, this article is one of the most popular -- and for good reason: It's hard to come up with a meaningful, reasonably priced, personal gift for your significant other. Fortunately, these 10 ideas can do the trick!
- Gifts for a College Roommate. A college roommate is like no one else; after all, what other person knows so much about you, puts up with your ridiculousness, and lets you eat their cereal when you're meal plan runs out? Whether it's for a roommate birthday or the holidays, make sure you get something unique for this unique person in your life.
- 7 General Gift Ideas for Moms. Be it for Mother's Day or her birthday, getting a gift for Mom is a must-do. Don't forget to make a phone call if you're away at school on the big day, too!
- 6 Great Holiday Gifts for Moms. The end of the semester can leave you short on cash, energy, and time. Use this list to find a great gift of mom for the holidays, regardless of what shape finals week left you in.
- 5 General Gift Ideas for Dads. Although dads can be a little easier to shop for than moms, there's still no excuse for giving your dad another tie this year. Find 5 ideas for gifts that he'll really like -- and that you won't be embarrassed to give.
- 8 Holiday Gift Ideas for Dads. The holidays come at the end of the semester, when you're low on cash, time, and energy. These 8 ideas can help make your holiday gift one to remember, no matter how strained your resources.
- 6 Gifts for Your Siblings. You may have been incredibly close to your siblings before you left for school, or you may have been glad to have them no longer annoying you at the dinner table. Either way, forgetting a gift for your sibling can be an unforgivable offense -- especially when you have these suggestions at your disposal.
Gift Guides Based on Situations
- Low-Cost Gift Ideas. Regardless of whom your gift is for, it needs to fit within your budget. Check out this list of low-cost gifts that will make you look anything but cheap.
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas. Alright, so your friend's/roommate's/brother's birthday totally sneaked up on you. Find 7 last-minute gift ideas that can help cover your oops-I-nearly-forgot tracks.
- 7 Unique Valentine's Day Gifts. With so much hype around Valentine's Day, it can be hard to come up with gift ideas that are original -- and inexpensive. With a little creativity and pre-planning, these ideas are sure to help make a Valentine's Day to remember.
- 14 College Graduation Gift Ideas. Graduation season can get so chaotic that it's easy to forget to get a gift that adequately celebrates this major milestone. These classic college graduation gifts will make sure you're covered.